Saturday, 18 February 2012

HSC English Advanced Notes

Here's an overview of the modules, electives, and texts that I used:

Area of Study: Belonging
Peter Skrzynecki, 2002, Immigrant Chronicle
Jocelyn Currie, 2011, 'Aim: understand varied cultures' from The Weekly Times
Harold Ramis, 1993, Groundhog Day

Module A: Exploring Connections
Jane Austen, 1813, Pride & Prejudice
Fay Weldon, 1984, Letters to Alice on first reading Jane Austen

Module B: Critical Study of Text
William Shakespeare, c. 1600, Hamlet

Module C: History & Memory
Stephen Frears, 2006, The Queen
J.K. Rowling, 2008, The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination
Luke Stickels, 2011, Apologising for the Bomb

Here are some tools I made:

Essay Heuristics
Some guidelines on how to write an essay to meet HSC English requirements. PDF File

Groundhog Day Related Text Material
Groundhog Day was my backup related text for AOS Belonging. This was my super-general analysis of the film just in case I needed to use it. PDF File

Ultimate Quotes Database
A super-condensed summary of key quotes from the texts with which I faced the final exam. PDF File

No comments:

Post a Comment