- Module 2 National Study: Russia and USSR, 1917-1941
- Module 3 Personality Study: Leon Trotsky, 1879-1940
- Module 4 International Study: Pacific Conflict, 1937-1951
My notes are rather fragmented because Modern History is rather odd subject. It's a combination of understanding how certain processes work (in the style of Economics, Chemistry, and IPT) and essay-writing skills (in the style of English).
BOS Questions Compilation
A list of all Board of Studies HSC questions relevant to our school's electives, as they appeared in papers from 2001-2010. PDF File
Concept View: Stalin
This was an area I was initially rather weak in, so I made an effort to improve a lot between Trials and HSC. I got lucky - a very fitting essay question allowed me to regurgitate all this information in the final HSC exam! PDF File
Home Fronts in the Pacific War - Essay Plan
I didn't get to use this in the HSC but it was rather brief anyway. PDF File
Syllabus notes
Warning: May not be complete.
Module 2: PDF File
Module 3: PDF File
Module 4: PDF File
Syllabus overview
1-page Syllabus Summary: PDF File
Syllabus Focuses: PDF File
Pacific War: Key Battles
I spent the final day before the exam making this. I think it worked out reasonably well, although most it wasn't necessary in the final exam. PDF File
Timeline of (almost) all key events
This helped me enormously in preparation for both the Trials and the final HSC. PDF File
Trotsky Exam Material
Because apparently you're supposed to have a prepared essay for the personality study! PDF File
Source Analysis Heuristics
A more detailed version of other heuristics and mnemonics such as "OMAC". PDF File
A list of all Board of Studies HSC questions relevant to our school's electives, as they appeared in papers from 2001-2010. PDF File
Concept View: Stalin
This was an area I was initially rather weak in, so I made an effort to improve a lot between Trials and HSC. I got lucky - a very fitting essay question allowed me to regurgitate all this information in the final HSC exam! PDF File
Home Fronts in the Pacific War - Essay Plan
I didn't get to use this in the HSC but it was rather brief anyway. PDF File
Syllabus notes
Warning: May not be complete.
Module 2: PDF File
Module 3: PDF File
Module 4: PDF File
Syllabus overview
1-page Syllabus Summary: PDF File
Syllabus Focuses: PDF File
Pacific War: Key Battles
I spent the final day before the exam making this. I think it worked out reasonably well, although most it wasn't necessary in the final exam. PDF File
Timeline of (almost) all key events
This helped me enormously in preparation for both the Trials and the final HSC. PDF File
Trotsky Exam Material
Because apparently you're supposed to have a prepared essay for the personality study! PDF File
Source Analysis Heuristics
A more detailed version of other heuristics and mnemonics such as "OMAC". PDF File
No comments:
Post a Comment