Tuesday, 1 November 2011

HSC Economics essays

Practise Essay: Strategies to manage the Current Account Deficit (CAD)
Our economics teacher really pushed this part of the syllabus, so everyone in our class had our little "CAD" essay plans and practise essays. I wrote this essay quite early on (around Term 1, if I recall correct), so it probably isn't my best work. PDF File

Practise Essay: External Stability
I sent this one to my teacher and she noted that it was a rather messy response. This is pretty much an example of what not to do. PDF File

Practise Essay: Microeconomic Reform
I sent this one to my teacher and she noted that I focused rather too much on the costs and not enough on the benefits. PDF File

Practise Essay: Monetary Policy
This one was written while I was researching and revising the Monetary Policy topic. We got a similar question in our final HSC exam (!) but it was more of an 'explain' question, so the limitations didn't really come in as much. PDF File

Exam Essay: Vietnam Case Study
A funny thing about the HSC syllabus is that you do a case study of another country before you actually learn the theory in full detail. So while this one has lots of great statistics, I'm very dubious about the validity of my economic theory. Anyway, I hope it helps. PDF File

Exam Essay: Exchange Rates
In 2010, the American dollar in value, so there was a lot of emphasis on exchange rates throughout my HSC year (2011). PDF File

Exam Essay: Strategies to manage the Current Account Deficit (CAD)
Hooray, the practise essay got put into use! PDF File

Exam Essay: Fiscal and Monetary Policy
The marker saw this as being rather too general, and I now agree. PDF File

No comments:

Post a Comment