Saturday, 29 October 2011

Philosophy Assignments

The Philosophy Distinction Course was one of the most intellectually rewarding things that I have ever done, and the most rewarding part of it was writing these essays. A lot of effort paid off and I'm quite content with how they've turned out.

Core Module 1: Fatalism and Determinism
This one didn't turn out that great. It was my first assignment and I made some very elementary mistakes. Worst of all, I mixed up fatalism and determinism - which was rather silly because the whole point of the assignment was to differentiate between them!
PDF

Core Module 2: Self-Unity
A bit better than the previous one, and quite a scary topic. I decided to tone down a bit on the formatting because the lecturers really emphasised that it was about content, not presentation.
PDF

Core Module 3: Euthyphro Argument
As a someone who believes that God is the moral authority of the universe, I am really thankful that I had this opportunity to justify what I actually believe.
PDF

Option 3: Distributive Justice
This one has complemented my economics studies really well, although I was penalised for a somewhat skewed interpretation of Marx. Probably the most "practical" thing we studied in philosophy.
PDF

Option 4: Teleology and Evolution
This was a real challenge, requiring some readings about biology and physics - disciplines which I'm not particularly well-versed in. I remain personally undecided about my stance towards evolution, but I'm quite adamant about teleology because I believe we do all have a purpose. All in all, I'm quite happy with this essay. For some reason, page 2 of the PDF doesn't seem to render properly in Chrome. Works fine in other PDF readers, though.
PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment